A Gold-Medalist in M.S (General Surgery), Dr. Sandip exhibits excellence as a Neurosurgeon & an Endovascular Neurosurgeon.
Dr. Sandip Mavani has over 9 years of experience in Neurosurgery and Endovascular Neurosurgery. During his residency in Neurosurgery, Dr. Sandip Mavani has got extensive training in complex brain and spine surgery along with endovascular neurosurgery. He developed his interest in endovascular neurosurgery during his residency and decided to pursue his area of interest.
Dr. Sandip has pursued his interest in endovascular neurosurgery and completed his fellowship from Beaujon Hospital, Paris, France during 2014-2015. Beaujon hospital’s Neurointerventional department is one of the topmost departments all over the world. During his fellowship under the mentorship of Prof. Jacque Moret, he has learned the world’s latest hardware and software available for treating vascular diseases of the brain and spinal cord. During his fellowship, he has actively participated in many complex cases.
After returning from Paris, he has performed around 2000 neurosurgeries and around 200 endovascular neurosurgeries. His expertise is coiling/clipping of aneurysm, thrombectomy for acute ischemic stroke, AVM/AVF embolization, skull base surgery, and complex brain tumour surgery.
He has participated in various international drug trials during his general surgery residency.
He was awarded a gold medal for excellence in MS (General surgery).
He has several publications during his neurosurgery training.
He has presented a few papers at national conferences.
He is a life member of NSI (Neurological Society of India) and SNVI (Society of Neurovascular Intervention).
- Brain / Spine Trauma Surgery
- Brain / Spine Tumour Surgery
- IDEM / Intramedullary / Vertebral Boy Tumours Surgery
- Glioma / Meningioma / Skull Base Tumours Surgery (Acoustic Schwannoma / Pituitary Adenoma etc.)
- Hypertensive Bleed / IVH Surgery
- Clipping / Coiling of Aneurysm
- AVM / AVF Excision / Embolization
- Carotid Artery / Intracranial Stenting
- Tumour Embolization
- Mechanical Thrombectomy for Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Cervical / Lumbar Disc Surgery
- Surgery for Cervical / Lumbar Canal Stenosis
- Spine Fusion Surgery
- Surgery for Cranio-Vertebral Junction Anomaly (Atalnato-Axial Dislocation / Chiari Malformation etc.)
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MISS), Surgery for Hydrocephalus
- Surgery for Congenital Spinal Malformation (Myelomeningocele / Lipomeningocele / Tethered Cord Syndrome, etc.)
- Microvascular Decompression for Trigeminal Neuralgia / Hemifacial Spasm
Over 9 years of experience
Education and Training
Fellowship in Endovascular Neurosurgery,
Beajon Hospital, Paris, France
Fellowship in Skull Base Neurosurgery,
Seth G.S.Medical College & K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai
Seth G.S.Medical College & K.E.M Hospital, Mumbai
MS (General Surgery),
S.S.G. Hospital and Medical College, Baroda
Medical College, Baroda
Research & Publication
- Congenital Cerebellar Embryonal Tumor with multilayered rosettes. Report of a rare case - Indian J Pathol Microbiol, Oct-Dec 2014.
- Meningioma of Foramen Magnum causing drop attacks. Case Rep Neurol Med, 2015.
- Traumatic Cervical Epidural Hematoma in an infant. J Craniovertebral Junction Spine, 2013.
- Tethered cord due to Caudal Lipomeningocele associated with a Lumbar Dural Arteriovenous Fistula. J Neurosurg Spine, 2014.
- Intramedullary CONUS metastasis from carcinoma lung. J Craniovertebral Junction Spine, 2013.