A name synonymous to trust and expertise, Dr. Sumit has been instrumental in bringing the best vascular treatments to Gujarat.
Dr. Sumit Kapadia is an MBBS triple gold-medalist from Baroda Medical College. He obtained his general surgical training and senior residency from SSG Hospital, Baroda. Later, he underwent super-specialty training in vascular & endovascular surgery from Sir Ganga Ram hospital, New Delhi in 2005 which is one of the topmost institutes in India.
Dr. Sumit Kapadia is fortunate to be among the first few surgeons from Western India to undergo this specialized training in vascular surgery, endovascular interventions, vascular medicine, and non-invasive vascular investigations including Color Doppler.
Since 2005, he has been involved in the treatment of more than 5000 patients with various vascular problems and is a nationally acclaimed authority in this field. He has also contributed to the growth of this specialty in Gujarat and is currently the Secretary of the Vascular Society of Gujarat as well as Treasurer of the Vascular Society of India.
- Covered Stent (EVAR or TEVAR for Aortic aneurysm and dissection)
- Carotid Endarterectomy & Angioplasty For Stroke Prevention
- Doppler Guided Central Line / Chemoport Placement
- Leg Ulcer Treatment By VAC Therapy / HBOT
- Angioembolisation For Bleeding Vessels
- Treatment of Vascular Malformations
- Dialysis Access Complex Procedures
- Leg Bypass To Prevent Amputation
- Varicose Veins Treatment
- Peripheral Angioplasty
Areas of Expertise
Among the diverse vascular disorders, Dr. Sumit has keen interest in endovascular treatment methods and advanced treatment for varicose veins. He is also considered as an eminent expert in treatment of complex dialysis access procedures.
He has also helped numerous patients affected with complex vascular malformations and has aided in training of several vascular specialists in the country in this field.
Awards & Accolades
Treasurer of Vascular Society of India
Executive Committee Member, Vascular Society of India
Secretary of Vascular Society of Gujarat
Best Paper Award in Asian Vascular Society Conference, Bangalore
Indian Medical Association Gold Medal
Pfizer Medical Award
Three Gold Medals in MBBS, MS University, Baroda
Over 15 years of experience
Education & Training
DNB Fellowship in Vascular & Endovascular Surgery, Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
DNB (General Surgery)
MS (General Surgery),
Baroda Medical College
Baroda Medical College
Research & Publication
- 13 publications in international medical journals
- 17 publications in national medical journals
- Author of handbook " Vascular Diseases Simplified" by Jaypee Publications
- Co-author in book on " Vascular Malformations" by Jaypee Publications
- Co-author for international book on " EMQs for MRCS"
- Renowned for preparatory notes for MBBS students in Baroda Medical College