Dr. Chirag is a renowned orthopedic surgeon known for his deep-rooted knowledge that has brought a smile for thousands of his patients.
Dr. Chirag Patel has more than 9 years of work experience in the field of orthopedic surgery. He was a resident doctor at SSG hospital, Vadodara (2012-2016), an assistant professor at Parul Institute of Medical Science and Research (2017-2020), a consultant orthopedic surgeon at Yogini Orthopedic Hospital Vadodara (2020- 2021). He has completed training in shoulder and sports injury under one of the best surgeons of India Dr. Ashish Babhulkar, at one of the busiest centres in India.
Some notable feats:
- Performed more than 3000 cases of trauma and fractures
- Performed more than 1000 cases of complex injuries with successful outcome
- Part of more than 500 joint replacement surgeries
- Part of more than 1000 simple and complex Arthroscopy surgeries
- Participated in more than 25 national and international conferences
Oral Paper Presentation
Rotator Cuff Pathologies – Ultrasound & MRI correlation May 2019 50th KSUM Open 2019 (Korean Society of Ultrasound in Medicine) at Seoul, South Korea.
Supraspinatus Calcific Tendinopathy – Utility of ultrasound-guided needle lavage at Asia Pacific Orthopedic Association sports meeting 2019(APOA) Kuala Lumpur.
Intra-articular Steroid Injection – Efficacy in primary frozen shoulder at Asia Pacific Orthopedic Association sports meeting 2019(APOA) Kuala Lumpur.
Proximal Fibular Osteotomy – An effective surgery in knee osteoarthritis at Asia Pacific Orthopedic Association sports meeting 2019(APOA) Kuala Lumpur.
Intra-articular Knee Injury associated with delayed anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction – Cross-sectional study in a rural part of India at Asia Pacific Orthopedic Association sports meeting 2019(APOA) Kuala Lumpur.
Knee Trauma – Co-relation between clinical examination, MRI, and arthroscopy at Asia Pacific Orthopedic Association sports meeting 2019(APOA) Kuala Lumpur.
He has been part of following national and international orthopedic society
Member of IOA (Indian Orthopedic Association)
Member of SESI (Shoulder and Elbow Society of India)
Member of APAS (Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society)
Member of IAS (Indian Arthroscopy Society)
Member of ISKSAA (International Society for Knowledge for Surgeon on Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty)
Associate member of ESSKA (European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy)
Member of GOA (Gujarat Orthopedic Association)
Member of BOA (Baroda Orthopedic Association)
Member of IMA (Indian Medical Association)
- Arthroscopy Shoulder Surgery - cuff tear, instability, impingement, arthritis, stiffness
- Arthroscopy Knee Surgery - ligament injury, meniscus and cartilage injury, arthritis
- Orthobiologic Treatment - PRP injection, stem cell, etc.
- Joint Preservation Surgery - osteotomy, cartilage transfer
- Sports Injury Management
- Advanced Technique for Joint Replacement
- Arthroscopy Surgery of Other Joints
- Complex Trauma Surgery
Areas of Expertise
Arthroscopy And Sports Injury
Shoulder Arthroscopy – Rotator Cuff Repair, Shoulder Dislocation Management, Arthritis, Ligament Injury, Intra-articular Fracture Treatment
Knee Arthroscopy – Ligament Injury Repair/Reconstruction, Meniscus Repair, Osteochondral Grafting, Arthritis, Synovectomy, Loose Body Removal
Ankle Arthroscopy – Ligament Injury Repair/Reconstruction, Osteochondral Grafting, Arthritis, Synovectomy, Loose Body Removal Evaluation and Rehabilitation for a Sports Person
Joint Preservation Surgery
Autologous Chondrocyte Transfer
Orthobiologic Treatment for Arthritis and Tendon Healing
Joint Realignment Surgery(Osteotomy)
Joint Replacement Surgery
Total or Partial Knee Replacement
Total Hip Replacement
Total or Reverse Shoulder Replacement
Total Elbow Replacement
Revision Joint Replacement
Complex Periarticular Fracture Management around Knee and Shoulder Joint
Awards & Accolades
Young Orthopedic Research Grant award at Asia Pacific Orthopedic Association sports meeting (APOA) Kuala Lumpur.
Received several awards from the Baroda Charitable Educational Fund for good performance at the annual exams in the Biochemistry, Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Preventive and Social Medicine, and Ophthalmology during MBBS
Over 9 years of experience
Education & Training
Fellowship in Shoulder and Sports Injury,
Dinanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune
Government Medical College Baroda, SSG Hospital
Government Medical College Baroda, SSG Hospital
Research & Publication
- Proximal Femoral Nail - Solution for Intertrochanteric Fracture Management- Dr. Chirag D Patel, Dr. Sagar Jaiswal 2 IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS DOI: 10.9790/0853-1504145661 e-ISSN: 2279-0853, p-ISSN: 2279-0861.Volume 15, Issue 4 Ver. XIV (Apr. 2016), PP 56-61
- Distal Radius Fracture - Outcome with Volar Locking Compression Plate - International Journal of Current Research Vol. 7, Issue, 10, pp.21379-21383, October, 2015
- Epidemiological study of proximal femoral fractures in tertiary-level institute - Chirag D Patel, Manoj DOI: 10.5455/ijmsph.2015.23042015340 May 26, 2015 Website: http://www.ijmsph.com
- Orthopedic aspect of anatomy and radiology of proximal femur International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences Suthar PP et al. Int J Res Med Sci. 2015 Aug;3(8):1820-1824 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.18203/2320-6012.ijrms20150287
- Outcome of dynamic condylar screw for sub trochanteric fractures International Journal of Current Research IJCR in September 2015
- Case report of neck femur fracture treatment in 18 months old child at International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.18203/2320-6012.ijrms20150348 August 2015
- Case study of Polyostotic Fibrous Dysplasia in a Child in International Research and Publications in Medical Sciences (IRPMS) vol 1 April-June 2015
- Split hand/split foot malformations: A Report of four cases in a family with variable presentations in International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.18203/2320-6012.ijrms20150844 sept 2015
Get in Touch
ASC Clinic Attending
11am - 1pm
10am - 1pm
1st and 3rd Thursday
11am - 1pm
3pm - 5pm