With over 25 years of experience in Vascular Surgery, Dr. Vijay promises Vascular Care with passion & diligence in all aspects of prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of vascular diseases.
Dr. Vijay Thakore is a senior, qualified Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon in clinical practice for over 25 years. He is trained from a National Premiere Institute i.e Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute For Medical Sciences, Trivandrum. He has received many Fellowships from various parts of the world like USA, UK, Germany, Australia, and Singapore.
Dr. Vijay Thakore is uniquely trained and experienced to weigh the various treatment options from Medical Treatment to Endovascular Interventions to Open Surgical Operations.
- Better Outcomes & Improved Outlooks
- Faster Recovery Time
- Optimal Quality of Life
- Cost-Effective Treatment
Areas of Expertise
Leg Bypass Operation or Leg Angioplasty for Leg Ischemia
Carotid Endarterectomy or Carotid Angioplasty for Carotid Stenosis
Dialysis Access Operations for Kidney Failure Patients
Dialysis Access Angioplasty
Pharmacomechanical Thrombectomy for Deep Vein Thrombosis
Endovenous Ablations Varicose Veins
Vascular Injury Repairs
Awards & Accolades
Secretary of VSI (Vascular Society of India)
Ex. C Member - VSICON
Board Member - DNB Vascular Surgery
Ex. C Member - VAICON
Albany Medical Center, New York
VIVA Fellowship, USA
SVS Fellowship, USA
Muller - Osten Fellowship, Germany
Arizona Heart Institute, Phoenix, USA
Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard University, Boston, USA Northwestern University, Chicago, USA
St. Mary’s Hospital, London, UK
Krankenhaus Porz am, Rhein, Köln, Germany Klinikum
Sud Nurnberg, Nurnberg, Germany, Katharinen Hospital, Stugart, Germany
Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, Australia
Founder President of Vascular Society of Gujarat
Over 25 years of experience
Education and Training
PDCC (Vascular Surgery),
(SCTIMST), Trivendram - 695 011, India.
MS (General Surgery),
Medical College, Baroda, India.
Medical College, Baroda, India.
Research & Publication
- He was actively involved in development of the 'Chitra Vascular Graft' in animal experiments and phase I clinical trials, and will also be participating in multicenter phase III clinical trials.
- He was involved in the development of 'Thrombin-Fibrin Thermostatic Glue' in animal experiments.
- He was Principal Investigator in the following clinical drug research trials: 1) Recover 1160.46 2) Recover 1160.53
- A phase III randomized, double-blind, parallel-group study of the efficacy and safety of oral dabigatran etexilate (150 mg bid) compared to warfarin (INR 2.0 - 3.0) for 6-month treatment of acute symptomatic venous thromboembolism, following initial treatment for at least 5 days with a parenteral anticoagulant approved for these indications.
- Hepatorenal bypass for Renovascular Hypertension : Asian Cardiovascular & Thoracic Annals 1997, Vol. 5, No. 1: 62 - 64 Ann. Thoracic. Cardiovasc. Surg. 1997 Vol. 3, No. 2: 140-141 Acquired Esophagotracheal Fistula.
- Synchronous reconstruction for mullevel occlusive disease of lower limbs: Vascular Endovascular Surgery Update 1997, Vol. 3
- Tuberculous Mass: Tropical Doctor 1994; 24: 171
- Chronic Tuberculous Cholecyss: Tropical Doctor 1995; 25:33
- General Surgical Camps- An analysis: Bombay Hospital Journal 1994; Vol. 36, No. 2 254-256
- Images in Vascular Surgery, Rare Cause of Colostomy Bleeding: A Parastomal Aneurysm, IJV&ES: issue3/ Vol.3/July-Sept -2016
- Vascular Malformations: An update on classification. Clinical features and management principles IJV&ES: issue 4/ Vol 4/Oct-Dec-2017
- A book chapter on Endovenous Heat-induced Thermal Damage after Endovenous Ablation of varicose veins (IN Press)
- A book chapter on practical management of ArterioVenous malformations in yearbook of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery 2018 (In Press)